Swami Vivekananda: Multiple Choice Questions
01. Who is Swami Vivekananda?
a. Indian philosopher-saint-reformer
b. Indian philosopher-playwright-reformer
c. Indian philosopher-painter-reformer
d. Indian philosopher-saint-singer
Answer: a. Indian philosopher-saint-reformer
02. Swami Vivekananda was the devoted disciple of:
a. Ramakrishna Paramahansa
b. Chaitnaya Mahaprabhu
c. Narsingh Das
Answer: a. Ramakrishna Paramahansa
03. When was Swami Vivekananda born?
a. 12 January 1863
b. 12 January 1872
c. 12 January 1881
d. 12 January 1893
Answer: a. 12 January 1863
04. Swami Vivekananda was born in?
Answer: a. Calcutta
05. In his pre-monastic life Swami Vivekananda was known as:
a. Narendra Nath Datta
b. Upendra Nath Datta
c. Devendra Nath Datta
d. Harendra Nath Datta
Answer: a. Narendranath Datta
06. Swami Vivekananda delivered his most popular lecture in:
a. World Parliament of Religions in Chicago
b. United Nations General Assembly
c. Vatican Council II
d. World Youth Day
Answer: a. World Parliament of Religions in Chicago
07. When did Swami Vivekananda deliver his landmark speech in the World Parliament of Religions in Chicago?
Answer: a. 1893
08. With which words of address did Swami Vivekananda begin his speech at the World Parliament of Religions in Chicago?
a. Ladies and gentlemen
b. Respected Ladies and gentlemen
c. Respected Americans
d. Sisters and Brothers of America
Answer: d. Sisters and Brothers of America
09. When did Swami Vivekananda leave this material world?
Answer: a. 1902
10. Swami Vivekananda passed away at the early age of:
Answer: c. 39
11. Where did Swami Vivekananda pass away?
a. Belur Math, West Bengal
b. Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh
c. Patna, Bihar
d. Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh
Answer: a. Belur Math, West Bengal
12. Which day is observed as the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda in India?
a. 12th January
b. 5th September
c. 2nd October
d. 15th August
Answer: a. 12th January
13. When did the Government of India declare January 12, the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, as National Youth Day?
Answer: a. 1984
14. What is the name of Swami Vivekananda’s father?
a. Ramkumar Datta
b. Shivkumar Datta
c. Avanish Datta
d. Vishwanath Datta
Answer: d. Vishwanath Datta
15. What is the name of Swami Vivekananda’s mother?
a. Sarala Devi
b. Bhuvaneshwari Devi
c. Motijharo Devi
d. Rajkumari Devi
Answer: b. Bhuvaneshwari Devi
16. What is the name of the guru of Swami Vivekananda?
a. Swami Brahmananda
b. Swami Yogananda
c. Swami Ramananda
d. Ramakrishna Paramahansa
Answer: d. Ramakrishna Paramahansa
17. Which city did Swami Vivekananda establish the first Vedanta Society in the United States after the Chicago conference?
a. Los Angeles
d. New York City
Answer: d. New York City