M.A. English- Semester II (Some Important Questions) Higher Education M.P.
M.A. English- Semester II(Some Important Questions)
Paper I (Poetry)
1. Discuss Thomas Gray as a transitional poet.
2. Discuss William Wordsworth as a poet of nature.
3. Discuss Tennyson as a representative poet of Victorian period.
4. Write a critical appreciation of ‘Sailing to Byzantium’.
Paper II (Drama)
1. Discuss William Congreve as a playwright.
2. Give a character sketch of Nora.
3. Discuss Girish Karnad as a playwright.
4. Give a character sketch of Cleopatra of All for Love.
Paper III (Fiction)
1. Discuss character sketch of Emma of Madam Bovary.
2. Discuss the role of fate and chance in the novel Tess of the D’urbervilles.
3. Write a character sketch of Hori in the novel Godan.
4. Write a character sketch of Santiago in the novel The Old Man and the Sea.
Paper IV (Prose)
1. Write about the life of Dr. Johnson as described by Boswell.
2. Write three incidents which show the inconsistencies in The Man in Black.
3. Discuss ‘Liberty is a social contract.’
4. Discuss G.K. Chesterton as an essayist.